Model United Nations of the Russian Far East (MUNRFE) is a non-profit-making self-governing youth organization, devoted to facilitating the development of leadership skills and competencies in the field of youth diplomacy among the young generation of the Russian Far East. We build institutions that equip students to discuss problems of global importance through open forum debates, launch initiatives, which benefit the broader community to share knowledge, skills, and best practices.
Founded on 1 October 2000, today MUNRFE has branches in the cities of Blagoveshchensk and Vladivostok based at Amur State University and Far Eastern Federal University, bringing together about 100 young people and more than 2000 alumni all over the world, as well as keeps a wide partnership network includes universities, UN and UN Family organizations, regional and international NGOs.
MUNRFE members regularly participate and win prestigious awards at Model UN conferences around the world, including New York, Beijing, Rome, Seoul, Barcelona, Bangkok, Jakarta, Tokyo, Istanbul, and other cities. Representatives of the Organizations are invited to join the largest international MUN conferences as Secretariat and staff members.
The MUNRFE has extensive organizational and resource capabilities that allow it to organize its own major international projects: MUNRFE Annual Conference in December (since 2001) and Far Eastern Model UN in May (since 2016), as well as a large number of local events. Besides, the MUNRFE actively participates in the implementation of large-scale partners' projects: the APEC Youth Summit 2012, the Third Russia-ASEAN Youth Summit 2015, the Regional Platform of the XIX World Festival of Youth and Students in Vladivostok, the Youth Platform of the III, IV and V Eastern Economic Forum, the UN ESCAP-led North-East Asia Multistakeholder Forum on Sustainable Development Goals 2019, etc.
1. Promote youth leadership and civil society values in local communities and internationally;
2. Create mechanisms for youth to influence the development of our society;
3. Assist in foundation and support the development of student and youth government and leadership institutes;
4. Conduct regular open forums and conferences on the issues of vital importance for region, country, and international community;
5. Share experience, distribute best practices, transfer knowledge of the Organization to other groups and organizations on the Far East and worldwide;
6. Promote the United Nations purposes and principles and assist other organizations and individuals in doing so.