MUNRFE celebrates 21st birthday
On October 1, MUNRFE celebrates its 21st Birthday. On this day, in 2000 Dr. Jeffrey Lindstrom established a debate club in Khabarovsk which later turned into a regional organization uniting young leaders of the Russian Far East.
For 21 years, MUNRFE has been developing student leadership and civil society, promoting the United Nations values, and establishing partnerships all over the world.
Last year was not an exception:
- The Organization has been successful in conducting the Annual Conference 2020 online.
- Recovering from the pandemic, MUNRFE has conducted the Far Eastern Model UN in a hybrid format.
- The Alumni Reunion was finally conducted in Vladivostok and gathered former members of the Organization from different years.
- A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation between MUNRFE and the “Leaders of the International Cooperation” NGO was signed at VI Eastern Economic Forum.
- MUNRFE member has taken an internship at the International Committee of the Red Cross Regional Delegation for the Russian Federation, Belarus and Moldova.
- MUNRFE Delegations to Model UN conferences received numerous awards, including the Outstanding Delegation and two Position Paper awards at the National Model UN 2021, two Best Delegate awards at Churkin Moscow International Model UN 2021.
MUNRFE keeps developing and growing every year. Let this process never stop and may the future bring the organization many new bright people, unforgettable moments, and marvelous achievements.
Happy Birthday, MUNRFE!