ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2023 HAS STARTED
The 22nd MUNRFE Annual Conference 2023 started with great enthusiasm as more than 100 delegates from various countries such as Belarus, Japan, Malawi and the Republic of Korea, and around 10 different cities in Russia, came together to participate in this event. Both in-person and online participants were present, underscoring the importance of this meeting.
The delegates were privileged to receive welcoming remarks during the Opening Ceremony from honorable guests:
- H.E. Mr. Antonio Guterres, the United Nations Secretary-General;
- Mr. Andrey Deryabin, Deputy Vice–President for International Relations in FEFU;
- Mr. Andrey Brovarets, the Ambassador-at-Large, the Head of the Representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation in Vladivostok;
- H. E. Ms. Piao Yangfan, the Consul General of the People’s Republic of China in Vladivostok;
- H. E. Mr. Sai Murali Seviti, Consul General of the Republic of India in Vladivostok;
- Mr. Aleksei Stanonis, the Counsellor of the International Youth Cooperation and Tourism Office of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education;
- Ms. Larisa Khasbutdinova, Acting Minister of Vocational Education and Employment of Primorsky Krai;
- Mr. Vladimir Sokhnenko, Acting Director of the Department for Youth Affairs of the Government of Primorsky Krai;
- Ms. Ekaterina Ishchuk, the Head of the Directorate of Youth Affairs in Vladivostok;
- Ms. Ruth Hetherington, the Head of the Humanitarian Affairs Department of the Delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross to Russia and Belarus;
- Ms. Maria Chizhova, the MUNRFE Acting Executive Director;
- Ms.Anna Barysheva, the 22nd MUNRFE Annual Conference 2023 Secretary-General.
All guests expressed their appreciation and support for the delegates for the next 5 days of the Conference.
On the first day delegates also joined the briefing conducted by Ms. Nailia Savenkova, Legal Adviser of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Regional Delegation for the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus. Ms. Savenkova introduced the foundation of the ICRC and provided insights into International humanitarian law.
This year the Cultural program was in the Primorsky Stage of the Mariinsky Theatre. All participants and guests enjoyed the opera “Carmen”.
MUNRFE extends its heartfelt appreciation to the distinguished guests and experts, and wish participants all the luck at the 22nd MUNRFE Annual Conference 2023.