MUNRFE organized a Panel Discussion on ASEAN-Russia relations
On December 3, MUNRFE organized a Panel Discussion “The Outcomes of the ASEAN-Russia Summit 2021: Current Tendencies and Prospects of Cooperation Development” in partnership with the ASEAN Centre in MGIMO and the Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU).
Dr. Ekaterina Koldunova, Acting Director of the ASEAN Centre in MGIMO University served as the moderator of the Panel Discussion. A welcoming address for the participants was delivered by Dr. Evgeny Vlasov, Deputy Vice-President for International Relations in FEFU.
At the event, the following speakers delivered their reports:
- Mr. Nikita Kondratyev, Head of the Division Multilateral Economic Cooperation in the Asia Pacific region at the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation (Russia),
- Mr. Teoh Seng Lee, Honorary Consul of the Consulate of the Russian Federation (Malaysia),
- Dr. Carlos Tabunda, Dean of School of International relations at the New Era University (Philippines),
- Ms. Joanne Lin Weiling, Lead Researcher of ASEAN Studies Centre at the Yusof Ishak Institute (Singapore),
- Mr. Daniyar Akkaziev, CEO of Russia-ASEAN Business Centre (Russia).
The discussion was devoted to partnership and prospects in diplomatic relations between Russia and ASEAN countries, the importance of creating educational and economic opportunities. The speakers also expressed the hopes that soon the countries will reduce all barriers for investment, find new ways of cooperation and improve the well-being of people in Russia and ASEAN, despite the COVID-19.
MUNRFE expresses its appreciation to the distinguished speakers and partners for their cooperation in such a significant event.