20th Anniversary MUNRFE Annual Conference 2021 Report
December 2–6, 2021, was marked by the 20th Anniversary MUNRFE Annual Conference 2021. Celebrating its long history, the Conference gathered around 90 participants in person at the Far Eastern Federal University campus in Vladivostok, Russia.
Finally returned to the offline format, the Annual Conference 2021 participants took part in the work of five United Nations committees and international institutions: the UN Human Rights Council (HRC), UN Security Council, World Bank, and two committees of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). This year MUNRFE joined the MUN Refugee Challenge supported by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
The agenda items discussed at the Conference were:
• Accelerating sustainable solutions to support UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030);
• The Impact of Pollution on Marine Life.
• Empowerment of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons through technology;
• Combating Human Trafficking.
• Open Agenda
• Appraisal and approval of development projects.
The Conference program also included Committee briefings delivered by Mr. Ararat Babayan, UNHCR Senior Communications Consultant, Dr. Chelsea Koch, Science Officer supporting the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development at the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO, and Mr. Vitaly Savenkov, Humanitarian Affairs Adviser at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Regional Delegation for the Russian Federation, Belarus and Moldova.
As a result of the Conference, the following recognitions were granted to the participants and participating institutions:
• Far Eastern Federal University
• Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service
• International Linguistic School
• Amur State University
• Blagoveshchensk State Pedagogical University
Winners of the Grant Competition:
• Ms. Violetta Stasiuk
• Ms. Mariia Vysotksaia
• Ms. Victoria Filippova
• China (Ekaterina Oborina, Alina Vidyakina, Alisa Gulak, Stepan Zakharchuk, adviser - Daria Zlydar)
• Estonia (Georgii Rzaev, Alexandra Kurnakova, adviser - Maria Pankova)
• USA (Maria Belozerova, Gleb Zimin, Arina Bukreeva, adviser - Polina Babenko)
Special Recognition Award:
• Viacheslav Ermoshin - France, Security Council
• Maria Belozerova - USA, Human Rights Council
• Alisa Gulak - China, Security Council
• Gleb Zimin - USA, Security Council
• Anna Barysheva - Mexico, UNESCO 2
• Ekaterina Eremina - Mexico, World Bank
• Stepan Zakharchuk - China, UNESCO-1
• Mariia Chizhova - France, UNESCO-1
The recipients of the “Outstanding Delegate” award are credentialed to take part in the MUNRFE Leadership Program that includes participation in the National Model UN - New York 2022 as well as visits to the various diplomatic and educational institutions in Russia and the USA.
The implementation of the Annual Conference would not have been possible without its Secretariat:
Ms. Tatiana Akuneeva — Secretary-General;
Mr. Danil Vinokurov — Under-Secretary-General for Conference Management;
Ms. Anna Timokhina — UNESCO-1 Chairperson;
Ms. Evgenia Sochneva — UNESCO-2 Chairperson;
Ms. Daria Zlydar — World Bank Chairperson;
Ms. Polina Babenko — UN HRC Chairperson;
Mr. Vladimir Tananykin — UN SC President.
MUNRFE also expresses its appreciation to the work of the Department of Global Communications: Ms. Anastasiia Goi, Ms. Valeria Spitsina, Ms. Alena Luzhnaya, Ms. Anastasia Yermoshina, Mr. Artem Shulatev, Ms. Elizaveta Saltanova, and Ms. Kamila Kukushkina as the Head of the Department.
MUNRFE acknowledges the immeasurable support provided by the Conference partners — the Far Eastern Federal University, UNHCR Representation in Russia, Far Eastern Branch of “Russkiy Mir” Foundation, and the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission.
MUNRFE sincerely congratulates the participants and organizers on the successful completion of the project.