MUNRFE Annual Conference 2018 Report
On December 7-10, MUNRFE successfully implemented the 17th Annual Conference. The event conducted on the premises of Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) in Vladivostok gathered around 85 participants from various parts of Russia as well as from abroad. The participants represented United Nations member states to four committees, namely: Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND), Security Council (SC) as well as World Bank (WB). The Conference was organized in cooperation with UN Information Centre in Moscow, UN Association of Russia, Subregional Office for East and North-East Asia of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Far Eastern branch of the ‘‘Russkiy Mir’’ Foundation, Fund of Presidential Grants, and Federal Agency for Youth Affairs of Russia.
The delegates discussed in English the following agenda items:
Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
1. Strengthening regional cooperation to tackle inequality in all its forms in Asia and the Pacific;
2. Emerging trends in innovation policy to accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals: promoting inclusive innovation and supporting social enterprises;
3. Implementation of the SIDS Accelerated Modalities of Action (SAMOA) Pathway.
Commission on Narcotic Drugs
1. Promoting school programmes and strategies for the purpose of preventing drug use among children and adolescents;
2. Enhancing the capacity of border control in identifying and inspecting high risk freight containers through the provision of trainings and the appropriate equipment;
3. Implementation of Palermo Protocol.
1. The situation concerning Rwanda 1994 (historical simulation);
2. The situation in Libya;
3. Crisis agenda.
World Bank - Appraisal and approval of development projects.
The program of the Conference also included an Open Lecture on the work of the United Nations (UN) delivered by Dr. Vladimir V. Kuznetsov, UN Information Center in Moscow Director, and Dr. Aleksey N. Borisov, UN Association of Russia Secretary-General and World Federation of UN Associations Executive Committee Chairperson. It is also important to mention that the experts attended the MUNRFE AC’18 Opening Ceremony alongside with high such profile speakers, namely Dr. Andrey N. Shushin, FEFU Vice President for Academic Affairs, and Ms. Elisaveta Lutsenko, Far Eastern branch of the “Russkiy Mir” Foundation Representative. Moreover, the MUNRFE AC 2018 participants were privileged to receive the address of the UN Secretary-General António Guterres for the first time in MUNRFE history.
In frames of the Conference, delegates also enjoyed the Cultural Program organized by the partner of the Conference – Far Eastern branch of the ‘‘Russkiy Mir’’ Foundation. The Program included visits to Primorskiy State Picture Gallery, «Artetazh» Gallery and the Center of Contemporary Art “Zarya”.
As a result of the Conference, the following recognitions were granted to the participants and participating institutions:
1. Far Eastern Federal University (Vladivostok, Russia)
2. Amur State University (Blagoveshchensk, Russia)
3. Plekhanov Russian University of Economics - MGIMO University (Moscow, Russia)
4. SolBridge International School of Business (Dong-gu, Daejeon, South Korea)
5. International Linguistics School (Vladivostok, Russia)
1. People's Republic of China (Elizaveta Kalinina, Daria Zlydar, Natalia Zuikova, adviser – Anna Timokhina ) - Vladivostok
2. United States of America (Oksana Guliychuk, Elisaveta Sungurova, Igor Nurgali, Varvara Muler, adviser - Ilya Kopot') - Blagoveshchensk
Best documents Award:
Ms. Daria Zlydar - China, WB (Vladivostok)
Special Recognition Award:
Ms. Polina Babenko (South Africa, CND)
The recipient of the Special Recognition award will take part in Churkin Moscow International Model United Nations 2019 this April.
Model United Nations of the Russian Far East is delighted to the Outstanding delegates, who will represent the organization at the National Model UN 2019 in New York, the USA.
1. Mr. Nikita Volkov (UK, SC)
2. Ms. Galina Salnikova (Russia, SC)
3. Ms. Polina Varfolomeeva (UK, ESCAP)
4. Ms. Natalia Zuikova (China, ESCAP)
5. Ms. Daria Zlydar (China, WB)
MUNRFE expresses its deepest appreciation to the work of the Senior Secretariat in persons of the Secretary-General Ms. Alexandra Kosyreva and Under-Secretary-General for Conference Management Ms. Diana Tereschenko, and Assistant Secretary-General Mr. Jesse Thomas. MUNRFE also admits significant contribution by the Secretariat team comprised of ESCAP Chairperson Ms. Anna Timokhina (Vladivostok) and Vice-Chairperson Ms. Lyubov Tugolukova (Moscow), CND Chairperson Ms. Julia Nedelkina (Vladivostok) and Vice-Chairperson Ms. Elena Kiseleva (Vladivostok), Security Council President Mr. Aleksei Stanonis (Vladivostok) and Vice-President Mr. Mohammad Yasin (China) as well as World Bank Chairperson Ms. Ekaterina Tretiakova and Vice-Chairperson Ms. Ksenia Shevtsova. Besides, MUNRFE recognizes the importance of assistance provided by MUNRFE Governing Council Chairman Mr. Vitaly Savenkov.
It is significant to underline the work of MUNRFE AC’18 Department of Public Information (DPI) the members of which ensured the successful implementation of logistical and informational components of the Conference, in particular, the Head of DPI - Mr. Egor Klimovich and Deputy Head of DPI Ms. Oksana Bozhenova. MUNRFE recognizes also the DPI members: Mr. Andrew Moon, Ms. Anna Eremeeva, Ms. Anna Nikolaeva, Ms. Anna Raskolova, Ms. Alexandra Gritsenko, Ms. Alina Medved’, Ms. Elena Rozanova, Mr. Eugene Kuznetsov, Ms. Evegenia Sochneva, Ms. Gelena Stepanova, Mr. Mikhail Kartashov, Ms. Veronika Tkachenko, Ms. Valeria Tsay, and Ms. Yana Linkevich.
MUNRFE also expresses its appreciation to the MUNRFE AC’18 Department of Conference Management:
1. USG Assistant - Ms. Natalia Zuikova;
2. PR Manager - Ms. Galina Salnikova;
3. PR Manager Assistant - Ms. Kristina Tolmacheva;
4. Manager for working with participants - Ms. Ayuna Tarbaeva;
5. Designer - Ms. Oksana Bozhenova
6. Assistant – Ms. Daria Nikolaeva.
The Organization is delighted to mention that the Conference was implemented with the support MUNRFE strategic partner - Far Eastern Federal University and its divisions. Moreover, MUNRFE highly appreciates the partnership with UN Information Centre in Moscow, UN Association of Russia, Subregional Office for East and North-East Asia of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Far Eastern branch of the ‘‘Russkiy Mir’’ Foundation, Fund of Presidential Grants, and Federal Agency for Youth Affairs of Russia and hopes for further extension of cooperation.
MUNRFE congratulates all participants and members of the organizing committee on successful completion of the MUNRFE Annual Conference 2018. The Organization is delighted to serve as the platform for the professional and personal development of young ambitious leaders who are willing to transform the world around.